Wednesday 1 August 2012

A day for the ladies

This Saturday my friends and I attended our annual 'ladies day' out at Newcastle Racecourse.

Niether of us are into horse racing as such but its a chance for us to glam up and have a cheeky little bet which we wouldn't normally do.

The weather stayed relativley nice, despite one or two small showers which saw us ducking for cover, but this didn't spoil the day for us and it meant we were able to enjoy the nice weather by sitting outside with our picnic all day.

Every year, we have a little kitty where we all put in an equal amount, and place our bets on the horses, (reccommended by my friend Alli's dad) This year we won £60, which we use to buy us all a few drinks each.

I wore the gorgeous 'Follie' dress by Virgos lounge, which you can find here I first saw the gorgeous Millie Mackintosh wearing it and fell in love, to my horror it was sold out when I tried to purchase it.

Imagine my delight when it came back online for pre-order, I bought it immediatley and eagerley anticipated it's arrival.

I had initially thought the dress was white, but when it arrived it is infact ivory. The top is a lovely soft chiffon material and is pleated, it is also boned, which, although quite a snug fit, is definetly flattering on the figure. The only thing I'll be changing about this, is putting a small stitch in the skirt where it crosses over. Currently it is held together by two very small press studs which tend to pop open at every given oppurtunity, the slightest gust of wind and everyone could potentially be seeing your underwear.

Here is a picture of me before I left for the day and of me and some of my friends from after the races.






I wore the dress with these French Connection Jaafar shoes and a nude clutch from Topshop.



Fascinators and hats are too fussy for me so I wore my hair in an up-do with soft curls. My hair inspiration was also the lovely Millie Mackintosh. I loved how she wore her hair in this photo below for the Bafta Awards this year.



The dress attracted numerous comments and I felt a million dollars in it.

I am attending a colleagues wedding party this Saturday and intend on wearing it there too. Virgos Lounge is definetly my new favourtite store for occasion wear and I would love to own some of their other products.

Have you bought anything from Virgos Lounge? Which are your favourite pieces from the collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment